Friday, November 28, 2008

welcome.

I created this blog because I felt it was necessary for me to allow my creative energy to take me as far as humanly possible. I know this is weird but a fortune teller told me that I needed to do something creative with my life, which makes sense to me and anyone who knows me. Sometimes it might just take a fortune teller, whether you believe them or not, to remind you about the things you love.

Last night is also another reason that I began this post. I have recently become a yoga instructor and have be hosting free classes in my home for my friends. Well, the first class that I hosted, a random stranger came to my home for the class. The classes were advertised on facebook, in an open group, to my friends and friends of theirs. Well this stranger, now friend, came to my first class! Anyways, last night was the second round of classes and Abby, my new friend, brought someone else with her to the yoga class. So the two of them along with three other friends of mine, did yoga on my freshly vacuumed floors. I know that five doesnt sound like a lot of people, but it was by far the largest class I have taught and I had to turn three people away!

After an exciting evening of yoga, a group of friends came over to discuss a womans solo movement group, it is top secret though so dont tell anyone. The group of us are going to perform and compete with a choreography that Monica and I made to a gospel song by The Blind Boys of Alabama, called "I've Got a Home". The choreography is exciting full of energy, basically what Monica and I did was get together put on a wicked song and threw all our favorite moves at it. Now a group of us are going to perform it. :)

Even after that point another movement idea came to me for a choreography to singing in the rain. I have a bunch of beautiful, colourful, umbrellas that our group could use in a little choreography.

The evening was full of sparks, or spanda, that feeling you get inside yourself when you get a new idea or are about to do something that you really love. One thing that I am really beginning to embrace from my yoga training is this idea of divine creativity. Hindu's, view god as a laughing, playful baby. I really liked that image and have begun to think about it in reference of how I view God. I just make sense to me, if we are a creative expression of the divine than why wouldnt he want us to play and express?

No comments: