Monday, April 11, 2011

The Spirit of LB

It never ceases to amaze me how often I go on journeys and how often exiting is important in my life. Now that I have discovered the practice I am going to hold on to it, tightly gripped in my left hand. I have learned so much already and it is expanding me in so many ways. I imagine me standing somewhere with an invisible force pulling me in a hundred directions, my body molding to the expansion.

Every year Lindy Bout is different, I really appreciate that, it never gets stale for me. This year I was worried, having not social danced for about 5 months I was concerned that my ego would get in the way. How could Lindy Bout again exceed my expectations? Honestly it was starting to upset me a couple days before the weekend. Some how I managed to get my ego in control, I am not sure how this happened. The weekend started and I adopted my usual method of competition, have as much fun as possible and be completely outrageous.

The one thing that I have wanted to win since it has been introduced to the weekend, was the spirit if Lindy bout award. It is voted on by the people in attendance. Now that I think about the award, it is mostly a popularity contest. I do not have a desire to be popular, but when Lindy Bout comes round every year I give everything I have. On Saturday evening I was sitting outside of the dance with some friends and Meghan came out and sat down with us saying, "I am going to vote for Claudia for spirit of Lindy bout, tell all your friends." Right there I was satisfied. It was really an amazing feeling and surprising. I did not really need it anymore because the people that mattered to me felt that way and vocalized it. The event for me is about them and not all the other people. I did not win the award, Angie did and she deserved it as she worked her butt off for the event. It is her time in Vancouver to be amazing. I was not upset, I was happy for her. I am happy that my ego did not get in the way.

I am exciting from LB, thanks for ride my friend.

1 comment:

leah said...

=) thank you my dear! i appreciate your story lots...it's encouraging. =)