I wish I could put a piece of paper onto my window
to create an outline of the night.
I can't.
As soon as I move the shapes transform,
distorting the picture.
So,
instead of a monet or another stary night
the image gets locked away in my imagination.
There it will stay,
until the day comes
when I can mold my commas into a configuration
that allows your mind to graple with the original stary night.
(the moon lush and bright
revealing the secrets hidden in the forest below her)
Fortunatly even though her light seeps onto my bed sheets
she does not reveal my secrets.
Instead waiting patiently for me to gather my courage up
from the mess on the floor,
so I can share with those that I love.
I guess she, the moon, can only keep secrets for so long.
Even though this particular secret happened in the day light hours.
No one knows.
Shh..
only you.
So I will trace lines in my head and slowly pick the courage up off my floor,
than maybe one day when you are ready to forgive me
I'll be ready to tell you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment