So the other day, which happened to be New Years Eve, I wasnt having such a good day. The cause of which I will not go into, however as it turns out I am creative person when I am mad. :) For a long time I have been wanting to burn an image into my coffee table, which I know might seem a little odd. I have never really known what ti put on a coffee table, or even if the image that I were to draw would be any good. Well, with my pencil as my tool for cathartic release, before my very eyes, an image appeared on my coffee table. It was amazing, like she had always been there but no one had taken the time to look for her. The more I looked the more there was hidden in the wood of my coffee table. I remember in my Art History class talking about artists in the renaissance who would carve sculptures out of blocks of stone. We talked about how these artists were able to look at a block of stone and an image would appear before them as if waiting in the stone. Well, that is how I feel about this image, I dont think I actually drew it, I felt the whole time like I was tracing what was already there.
Anyways, thanks to my wonderful friend Amanda, who also happens to be my neighbor, and who also happens to own a wood burning kit, I was able to complete my art today. Although now looking at it I think that I would like to add more depth to the image, but for tonight I am finished. The reason that I am posting this here, it because I am pritty sure that only four people even read this blog and I dont mind four people knowing that I burned an image into my coffee table. I am also sure all of you love me and wont less of me for doing this little project.
Anyways so here, she is, my coffee table, let me know what you think!

2 comments:
I would like to be there in person to touch it and see it up close. I likes.
- Byron
thanks byron, i was unaware that you knew i had a blog. did loverock show you? i am excited for the two of you to come home.
Post a Comment