
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
-emily Dickinson
I really like that poem, i have it painted on the wall in my room at my parents home which i am sure they will paint over at some point in my lifetime. I had a wonderful time with my family over christmas. I spent a good chunk of the day on the 24th playing in the snow with my mother, brother and sister. We also cleared the driveway as some point, although all our efforts were in vain because it was continuously snowing through out the whole ordeal. I have to say that this was the best Christmas I can remember in a long time. Just when you think that your completely different from your family, they surprise you. Even my sister, who I really dont get along with at all! But it was really good, I was surprised. There was one point on Christmas Eve when we were cleaning the dishes after the hoards ate. Marissa said some thing, I dont remember what it was, but normally it would have been followed up with some sort of argument because I did something wrong. But she was just joking and she gave me a little smile and continued on with her duties. I know that if you reading this and you anyone other than my family members it wont really mean a lot to you. It was a big deal to me.
Then on Christmas Day we gave my Oma and Opa a Christmas present from the whole family, grandchildren and all. We sent them to Arizona and are paying for everything minus the food. We gave it to them and they cried, they were so touched, which in turn made me cry. :) My grandparents have given their lives to their family and would do anything and have given everything to us. I am really happy that we are able to send them on a trip just for them.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Years everyone!
2 comments:
Thanks for your heartfelt comments. You always have ways to surprise me. Just like you Mom told me here greatest Christmas present was for you, Marissa and Andrew to just play outside, laugh and have a great time together. It is funny as you get older you look and hold onto these simple pleasures.
Your Dad
i love you!
Post a Comment