Wednesday, December 10, 2008

december

Alright, so December is a stressful month no matter which way you look at it. I have transferred locations and no longer work in a mall so I was hoping that things would be easier over here. Yes, working in a mall was stressful but you know what sucks, working in a store that has it super easy and complains ALL the time about how hard they have it. They have no idea how lucky they are and they just spend all their time complaining. They are so resistant to any form of change, even if it will make life easier for them, which makes me wonder about the world. So that was part of my day yesterday, I dont like to complain, but I was very frustrated with them and compiled with other things it made my day worse to not have self reliant coworkers.

I know that I havent talked about my water class with Twee! I think that I need to be a better yoga student! The day after my Sunday yoga class, which didnt end up being water, i felt like i had been kicked in the stomach! My stomach muscles were SO sore I had no idea that I could have worked that hard. First let me say I was super excited when I showed up and Twee remembered my name! I know that it is just a little thing but it was an exciting little thing to me, names are precious and people dont understand that so they just forget. So this was a happy moment for me, anyways the class is proceeding and we are doing lots of shoulder work. So I am thinking to myself, "hmm, this is similar to how Shiva warmed us up when we were going to go into Pincha Maryasana (sp?)". So the class proceeds and Twee says to me, "Claudia I need your help on this next pose" guess which pose it was....

So let me explain what this pose actually is, it is a forearm stand, so instead of using your hands like one would in a hand stand you use your forearms. If you want to understand how hard this pose is try right now just going to the ground putting both your forearms and hands flat on the ground, then straighten your legs and walk them towards you. What your going to notice is that pesky place between your shoulder blades that we all let atrophy every time we go on a computer, read a book, study, eat. Any time you have bad posture and are hunched over, you are taking strength away from this area in your spine.

This pose is one of my nemises and I had to do it with Twee correcting, talking and explaining things to the rest of the class. Keep your rib cage in, tuck your tail bone, press your feet into my hands (which are pressing down into my feet to keep me strong). All these things required my core all that strength that i didnt know i pocessed held me up for a good 2 mins in the pose itself but we did a good 8 mins of prep work, which is also hard as you can attest to if you tried what i told you to earlier.

I was very honored that Twee choose me to demonstrate the hardest pose in the class. I really like her, not just cus she remembered my name or picked me to demonstrate, she has really great energy. So anyways today I am going to come home from work and do a wicked yoga class for myself so that i can prep for my classes tomorrow. :) I am inspired to work hard now, after I felt my tummy all day Monday. I dont want to lose all that muscle strength! I think that Shiva is coming to town in January so I need to be in shape for her class!!

No comments: