So before I go to yoga for the day, I thought I would share an experience that I had yesterday. For some reason I have been fortunate enough in my life to stumble upon some truely amazing yoga instructors. Which in my experience is very hard to do. Yesterday, my instructor, Shelly, said something that revolutionized the way that I breathe. Imagine this, everytime you inhale, you are breathing in the breath of God, the Source, Krishana (whatever you believe) and everytime you exhale, your breath moves straight into it, that which is what you believe.
Woah. Feel free to take some time to let that soak in.
Okay now take that into the context of meditation, where you slow down your breath for minutes at a time. Why would you need anything other than breath to survive. Now, for the past couple of days I have been trying to meditate in this fashon every morning. Yesterday I wasnt able to practice before leaving my house, so I meditated for 10mins while waiting for yoga to start. Slowing down my breath, intaking energy. Then Shelly goes and throws a whopper like the one above at me. Combine that with a flow class where every breath really is a new movement, I was energized for the whole class. I didnt slow down once, I wasnt tired. Now probably you think that I was energized because I do lots of yoga, not the case. I have only done yoga thrice between yesterday and November 15th. Usually I would be very out of shape for the type of class I took yesterday.
Interesting.
I have been inspired to pick up my pranayama book and continue where I left off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment