Monday, January 3, 2011

Revolutionary Road

Is I think my worst nightmare, Revolutionary Road, a movie. It is everything that I do not want in life but am afraid I will get trapped into. It is a little of what I am experiencing now, maybe this is a bad trait, seeing parts of myself in movies, here in Coquitlam. That is why it has been so hard, that is why I have been so sad. We try to make the right choices, decisions, to take us somewhere, anywhere but where we are. In the end we just find ourselves right where we started. Are we afraid? Silly question, because I know the answer. I met with two friends today, old ones, not really friends, anymore, for food. They are on Revolutionary Road, it is scary to me to see them, because I cant not see how it could be happy. Maybe accepting that is where we are going to end up is easier than fighting it. That way when we end up there we are there because we made the choice, not because we fought and failed. Why is it that we do not want to end up like our parents? It makes the most sense that we would be like them, because we are them. On the most basic cellular level and intrinsically through how we learn, everything we learn, habits and patterns are from them. Right and wrong. I mean, is it a bad thing? Or is it just life? Just like it is easier to take the low road. The path has already been walked and we know the destination.

No comments: