
I love in movies when sad things happen, that they show people dancing slow. It is not learnable slow dancing done at blues parties or taught in classes. It is the type of dancing where you and your partner become one person. Not, because your physically close, but because your so close your hearts are touching. When a person experiences physical pain from an injury there is scar tissue left behind as a reminder. The same happens when you experience emotions, your body holds on to that feeling. Most people don't know this because there is not physical representation of that pain in our bodies, also we like to think that we can push our emotions around. Suppressing tears, hiding behind masks and walls and doors and smiles. Your heart remember all this pushing around that you do, it knows your secrets. When you dance really slow, and your hearts touch. Frankie Manning died today, when I found out I cried. As I thought about it a little more I smiled, I smiled through my tears on the sky train. This world is a really beautiful place, too beautiful some times; if it wasn't for this man that i have met only a handful of times, my life would not be the same. I am so grateful, sitting here I am not sure what to not be happy about. If your reading this, chances are I love you, a lot.
If your reading this and you don't know who Frankie Manning is look him up. Yes I am still sad, but in death their is life, wonderful, beautiful, life and slow dancing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment