Wednesday, May 27, 2009

new york, new york the city so nice they named it twice

I get to a point with things in my life, a point where it is no longer easy to get better I must work harder at them or else they start to regress. I am at that point in my life, with a couple of things, Yoga, Swing dancing, God (although I must admit that one was never really easy) and not necessarily in that order. It is time for me to start working hard and not just having fun. This by the way if you haven't noticed already is one of my posts where I decided I need change in my life and that change means working harder. I frequently make theses ultimatums for myself all the time and often they fail. However today I feel like the stars are alligned for change.

Why you ask?

Well, I just came home from New York and I came to a realisation that life isn't always going to be easy. There is going to come a point where I am going to have to start working hard, and where I can not rely on my charm or talents to get me by. I will have to buckle down and actually do something about it. I feel like if I start now I will be more prepared for that reality the day it comes. I realise that people are going to read this and half of them will be go along with my idealistic side and say, that you should do what you love in life and live it to the fullest, blah, blah. Which I do, trust me my life is very full. The other half that is predisposed towards my parents will agree with my statement and say that it is a very wise choice of me to make, because of blah, blah.

So here is my promise to myself. I promise that I am going to work as hard as I can to be the best that I can in all areas of my life. I am not just going to float through life and let it happen to me, I am going to make life happen. I do not know what direction life will take, but I do know that I am going to work hard for it and give it everything that I have. Things in life that are hard are worth working for.

Ultimatum done, we will see what happens now. :P

No comments: