I think in images, and some times when I have a picture in my head I have a hard time articulating it. What I see as important in the image and the way that I choose to describe will mean a different thing to each person that reads my words. At two points during my day, I wanted to take a picture, I have decided that I need to bring a camera with me to work from now on. The first image was of a man with his dog leaning against the yellow display at at camera store. It was just a classic example of man and his dog, taking a break in this world as the rest of us walked on.
The second image, was of me and one of my canvassers standing outside a salvation army, in red cross vests, while a homeless man sleeps in the ledge of the opposite window. My coworker and I were both leaning against the window with one foot up looking in the opposite direction of the homeless man. People with eyes closed walking by ignoring the very pittiful man sleeping on a ledge no wider than the laptop I am typing on right now.
At one point I went to go and buy the man a coffee, I got him some cream and sugar to go with the drink. I gave it to the man and he seemed confused, and then for the remaining 30mins I was in that location he didnt tuch the drink. It started to rain much harder (we were undercover) and the man fell back asleep and knocked over his cream. The liquid ran across the side walk and then blended in the to water on the side of the road turning it a lighter shade of grey.
I guess that was three images.
I wish I could have taken a picture of this man, I guess it is just out of vanity's sake that I wanted to document the image. It would not have benifited this nameless man in any way. I would have put the picture up on this blog for you all to see. Then you would all think that I am artistic or caring or whatever adjective that you would attach to me.
I am listening to Ruthie Foster right now and looking up cameras on craigs list. If you happen to read this post you are lucky, it is raw and unedited. I didnt even do a spell check. My thoughts uncensored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment