Monday, September 20, 2010
Those who do not hear the music, think the dancer to be mad.
What does one even say after a weekend like the one I just had. Dawn Hampton was in Vancouver. I love her, she is such a wonderful and inspirational lady. She gave her usual talk just before the Saturday Night dance. I am not sure how many times I have seen her talk, I have been to Herrang 3 times, each time I went for the whole month. Dawn gives her talk every week to all the students in Herrang. This time is was great because she was in my city, inspiring the dancers in my home. Vancouver needs some life, in its dancing. We have forgotten, we have forgotten the reason that we started. What made us dance in the first place. I doubt that most of us started hoping to be the best dancer on the floor. We started because we loved it. Something reached into our hearts and took hold and we haven't been able to get rid of it since. Some of my best dances this weekend were with dancers that were not technically good dancers, the reason that they were so great is because we were having fun. I can dance technically, but I dance because it is fun. I love it, the people, the music, being able to move my body. As Dawn would say, 'We are blessed'. I am blessed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment