I have been so welcomed into the community of dancers here, we have been hosted by wonderful people who have become our friends and tour guides. We just switched homes and are now staying with an eccentric millionaire who owns the largest property in the Quarter. WTF! Living here is a dream, we wake up and go swimming in the pool, and when we decided to we make our way down to Royal to catch some free outdoor live music. Did you know all the bands here play for tips, they do not get paid by the bars, some times they get a cut of the drinks profit. There is a rule that you must by one drink per set while here, because all the dancing is in bars. So because I have been dancing and listening the best live music of your life every night, I have also been drinking a lot. Which is fun, but not sustainable. I just wonder how it is possible that Meghan and I have had such good luck meeting people and finding places to stay.
Today we are going shopping so we can look like the locals. I can see why every dancer who moves here wants to move here. It is just so wonderful. You never have to listen to a DJ ever again in your life. Every single person wants to talk to you, not just the dancers, this city is just so full of life. When I first arrived I thought that NOLA is kind of like Sodom and Gomorrah, which I still kind of think is true, but it is a lot of fun here. Is that the wrong response? :)
I feel like if I stayed here for a longer period of time, I would totally fit into the dance scene here. Although I am not sure what I would do during the day, but my nights would be full. Maybe I would teach yoga all day. Which doesn't work because you teach yoga at night, not during the day. Oh, well, I guess I shall leave and go back home to Vancouver when my flight says I should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment