Saturday, October 23, 2010

and when I see you, I really see you upside down.

I just got a message from my Amoeba friend Sherry. Sherry is lovely, she is one of my favorite people ever, her Hayley and I have an Amoeba that we have formed. The reason we are an amoeba is because when we are together we move and stretch and morph like am Amoeba does, but we are connected through our hearts. It is like there is an invisible force that connects us, unlike other people. Anyways, I like it, and her message reminded me of our Amoeba. I love traveling and I Love NOLA, but I really love my friends. Why do we leave a place if, that place holds the things that we really love? There is some invisible force that propels us forward to change and grow. The people that we love are propelled by that force also, so they will not stagnate in this one place and time where in which our friendship existed. I am happy here but I think I will be happy when I am home. I miss my Amoeba, even though 1/3 of it is in Vancouver, the other 1/3 is in Boston and the other 1/3 in Louisiana. We are all still connected.

I have switched the location of my residence and am staying with alternate friends at the Old Prohibition Dance Hall. I am staying in the very building where Prohibition started, isn't that amazing. I fell like if I were to put roots in the building here, its stores and knowledge will come to me in some form. :)

I know that I am being esoteric and vatta right now, but I haven't had a good opportunity to spill my heart since I have been in NOLA. I tried on a costume today, it was a white slip with a blood stain over the heart. The 'original' wearer of this dress was stabbed in the heart. Maybe the metaphor, has carried over to this post.

I am going to be in Seattle for Halloween. I am excited about it, I love Seattle, I feel like I have good friends there that I love and love me back. One of them is even going to bake me a cake. For my birthday, which is tomorrow by the way.

I also want to shout out to people in my life that I love dearly, you know who you are. Love you.

No comments: