Monday, September 7, 2009

a swim, a bike and a run.

Today my mother, Luc (one of my yoga students) and I did the Vancouver Triathlon as a relay team. I just have to say that my mother is really a wonderful woman, she will do anything for me. Example, swimming one mile in the open ocean at the Vancouver Triathlon, freezing her butt off and then still being in a good mood when we went out for breakfast afterwards. I am really amazed at her, she did so well and was so cold. I did the biking portion of the race and when I wasn't singing eye of the tiger to pump my self up when I was going up a big hill I was thinking of my mother. Honestly what other mom would do this race? Swim in the freezing cold ocean? It took her 1 hour to stop shivering and she was wearing a wet suit. She is an amazing woman.

I got coerced into doing this Triathlon by Sherry, that girl I tell you has got me doing all sorts of crazy things. Now that the race is over, I feel like I would do it again. I would train better for it but I would do the actual triathlon by myself next time. I feel a sense of peace right now that was unexpected. After the race and then breakfast I came home and forced myself to do yoga, which was a very good idea, and then i read. All day. I finished a book. I found it really nice to spend that time by myself, maybe that is why I am feeling I could run an actual triathlon. :) Maybe it is just the endorphins. Hayley always ask why people do things like triathlons or climbing mount Everest. When they put themselves through so much, potentially even death if your climbing Everest. It is a meditation, a practice, and feels really great afterwards. Completing an impossible task. Because really, these impossible tasks are more possible than we realise. Not just racing and doing something physical, it can be anything.

I am trying to convey the warm feeling that I have right now, I am not sure if I am doing a good job. I hope that you were able to feel that when you read this post. :)

No comments: