Monday, September 28, 2009

Auggie

Yesterday I hung out with my mother, whom i love, and it was a good and bad time. Good because we spent 3 hours together walking down commercial drive, going into vintage stores and trying on ridiculous things. Bad because she told me that my cat Auggie is missing and that a Coyote has been spotted in the yard twice since she has been gone.

In my life, we have had lots of pets: Ollie, Filo, Elie, Diana are the cats we have loved, Rocky and Mosha the dogs. You think that at some point it would get easier, that you would some how stop loving them. This of course is all not true, because why would you get them if you weren't going to love them. I have sweet friends who tell me that she is just missing and you don't know, she could come back. This is true. I am not so naive though. I have played this role too many times before to know what happens at this point in the story.

We got Auggie when I was in elementary school, one year, Marissa, Andrew and I, all did well in school. Marissa got a walkman, Andrew got N64 and I got Auggie. Since we brought her home from the SPCA, she had since adopted Marissa and then my mother as her favorites.

I am writing this mostly for catharsis, I havent had a chance to really talk with anyone about it and my heart still hurts. She was a good cat.

No comments: