Sunday, June 14, 2009

numbers, bodies, and waste

There is so much to learn in this world, i am not sure if one could ever stop being a student. Today I spent my day at home, it is a beautiful sunny day, I could have very easily called up a friend and gotten a tan. Instead I stayed at home and read. I woke up and read two chapters on financial analysis, skipped over to my yoga text learning about vinyasa flow, began compiling a list of yoga studios in Vancouver, and then spent the last hour reading about public relations and the environment. I still dont feel like I have learned any significant amount about any of the topics and if they came up in conversation I probably wouldn't have the courage to add my voice to the debate.

Although I am glad that I pushed through and worked all day, regardless of the sunshine. The reason, that I changed topics throughout the day was because I began hitting a mental wall that so often blocks my will. I had to do something different to keep my brain engaged. Also at what point are you able to figure out who you can trust. I came across the blog of a friend of mine, her name is meesa, we went to high school together. She has done some really amazing things with her life so far. It makes me feel a little silly that I spend all my time dancing around the world and not working on protecting human and environmental rights. Although I have had a very good time in my short life so far. :) I do trust her, maybe because I have known her forever? or maybe because she writes well? There are a few other people whose opinion I trust.

I think that it is funny because, I can feel physically in my body when something isnt right, but, who am I to think that my opinion is the correct one. I know this because I have some very high energy discussions with my family members and other people that I know who believe that their opinion is correct. When we have conversations both sides are so bull headed, that I am sure no opinion was swayed and no one actually heard what the other was trying to say. My family is full of passionate people.

I am not sure what to write that can bring closure to this post. I think I am curious what people think of as true and why is your opinion is the one you have adopted.

No comments: