So I had some interesting experiences this week that have lead my thoughts in a different direction. The other night some friends of mine came to my yoga class, it was lovely, to all you friends out there who read this and think that you someday might attend my class. We did yoga and then sat in the studio afterward drinking tea until 11:30pm. By the end of the conversation we all decided that we wanted to visit India together. I have always known that India is a place that I needed to visit, but I have never had the drive to go there until now. With those people around me it seemed like a possibility, one that excited me greatly.
However there is a problem to the plan, both of my friends are traveling to other parts of the world at the end of this year. I have decided that I dont want to wait until they get back. You see, I have been unsettled lately. When I say lately, you could also say most of my life. I feel like I live a split life trying to please all the different people that are in it. One side wants me to finish my degree and get a 9-5 job and the other side says to follow my heart an do yoga. There are problems with both of those, options though. If I follow my heart I have to spend lots of money to get trained properly and make little of it back in return. If I work 9-5 all the creativity in me will be sucked out of me and I will be tried like most of the world.
Another side note, over the last little while I have been learning about Aruyveda, an India medical system (not the best description but it is good enough for now). All that I have learned to this point has been through books, which although good, can only get me so far. To learn from a teacher I would have to go somewhere expensive in America and spend all my money.
So here is the plan, what if I went to India, immersed myself in all things Yoga, Aruyveda, India and see what happens. Either I love it and am able to be comfortable in my choice to follow a strange path and continue to learn more. OR I come home and enroll in BCIT and do marketing.
I think that this is a good plan. It is not solid by any means, just ideas. I am tired of life happening to me, I am going to start making life happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment